6.12.2007

Tiki Honeymoon

Tiki Honeymoon
Tiki Honeymoon
, originally uploaded by manlyartjpc.

Don't you hate it when you're on your honeymoon in a tropical paradise and BAM!...the next thing you know, you're having to try and figure out a way to save your blushing bride from being sacrificed at the hands of blood-thirsty natives? To add insult to injury, all you have to work with is a pocket knife, some spare change and your hotel card key. It was the best honeymoon ex-Navy Seal Chip Carson could have asked for. It was a TIKI HONEYMOON!

I finally finished my painting for DVA Gallery's Tiki Art Show! The opening party is June 23 at DVA Gallery in Chicago. Maybe I'll see you there!

8 comments:

Bob Farrigan said...

This totally happened to me on my honeymoon except we were in Mexico and Jen was being menaced by a honey bee near the pool which I had to shoo away.

CS Jennings said...

bravo! great stuff!

mike r baker said...

Man, this is insanely awesome! Mad skillz, buddy! Fantastic perspective and lighting!

(Ha-ha! I spelled "skills" with a Z! I r so kool!)

Jason Chalker said...

Bob- I'm glad you survived your harrowing ordeal. you must have been terrified.

Topher- Thanks brotha'.

Mike- Thanks man, you're quite the bitchin' artist yourself.

Benjamin Hall said...

FANTASTIC WORK MAN!!!!!

REALLY Cool piece!

Tania Quintanilla said...

A-MAZE-ING!!!!!! i wish i could go to your show. ill do my part to get my chicago peeps to see it. fabulouso!!!!!

Jason Chalker said...

Ben- Thanks Ben!

Tania- Thanks! I appreciate you putting out the good word to your friends. It was great seeing you Dr. Sketchy last weekend.

STOVEPIPE.NET said...

That's awesome Jason!